- PyMC3 author
- PhD on computational cognitive neuroscience from Brown University
- Former VP of data science and head of research at Quantopian Inc: building a team of data scientists to build a hedge fund from a pool of 300k crowd researchers.
- Recognized public speaker: keynotes at the Open Data Science Conference (ODSC) & TACC as well as talks at Strata Hadoop & AI, Newsweek AI conference, and various PyData conferences around the world
- Runs a data science podcast, blogs about Bayesian statistics, and is an avid Twitter personality.
- Data scientist to follow of the year 2015, ODSC Open Source award 2018.
Bayesian statistics, teaching